Pages

Monday, January 9, 2012

Laughable Moments

When we first completed our homestudy in August, we were super excited. We decided  we couldn't wait any longer to make a baby registry.....After all, we wouldn't want to be unprepared in case we were matched with a family tomorrow!  The first thing we did was drive to Santa Clarita to the nearest Babies 'R' Us. Who knew that just that one visit to Babies 'R' Us would bring so much laughter and so many memories! Here is our story. Let the laughing commence......enjoy!

Our trip to Babies 'R' Us started like any normal trip to the store.....We walked through the door....

 Korry was SO excited to hold the scan gun and did 99.9% of the scanning of items. We added baby furniture, bottles, formula, basic onsies and neutral colored blankets etc. It was a lot of fun! Then it happened. So we were standing in the stroller aisle looking at stroller/car seat combos. We really liked the car seat that came with the Chicco stroller, but liked the Baby Trend stroller better….so we tried to see if car seat was compatible with the stroller (which they weren’t). Next we scanned the Baby Trend stroller and were looking up reviews. One review said the stroller was kind of bulky and hard to fit in a car….so I was like, lets fold it up and see how “clunky” it will be and if it will fit in the trunk of our car……(Can you sense some laughter coming?!) Korry took the stroller and folded it up and it seemed like it would fit ok. After we reopened it Korry noticed that the handle folds down too. So we re-folded up the stroller and put the handle down. When we tried to reopen the stroller it was stuck. It wouldn’t open at all. We looked for a button to press. There was none to be found. We layed it on the floor to see if something was stuck on the bottom...nothing. I was laughing so hard! Then, Korry walked over and hit the “call” button for assistance from a store worker, but no one ever came (and I wouldn’t have either! I am SURE the store workers were in the back surveillance room watching us on the cams – rolling on the floor in laughter!) People were walking by and looking at us funny. I was laughing so hard I was almost crying by this time and Korry was just giving me the “look”, which made me laugh harder. I told him to just put the stroller on the shelf (where we had gotten it) and one of the store workers would fix it later – I mean that is their job and they should know how it goes together. I was positive it was something very simple we were doing wrong. Korry was like “no, what if we purchase it and can’t figure out how to open and close it?” and I was like “yes, but at home there are directions inside the box”. So next Korry decides he is going to “wheel” (more like pull/drag) the stroller down the main aisle to find an assistant to help him open the stroller. After going a short ways down the aisle toward the front of the store he came back (no workers in sight, which of course is because they were hiding behind something completely laughing at our inexperience!!!! J). Anyways, he comes back to the stroller aisle and just when he’d given up, he notices a plastic oblong shaped latch on the side of the stroller. Apparently it latched when he folded it up the second time (but hadn’t latched the first time). He flicked it to the side and the stroller opened up normally! Both of us were almost rolling on the floor in laughter for the next 5 minutes!

I truly wish we had a copy of the surveillance cams from that night. I think it would have easily landed us in the “new parents most funniest moments” show! In any case, we are having a fun & busy time as we continue preparing our home and ourselves to become parents. I am sure there are many more laughable moments to come. Hope we brightened your day! Happy New Year!


2 comments:

  1. We have a double Baby Trend stroller from Babies R' Us! I love it, but it IS kind of bulky! Sometimes I think they should have a big sign on the display showing how to work those sort of things, but maybe it's a conspiracy by the salespeople to see how much good footage they can get. ;) I pray you guys are well. Thanks for the story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so good to hear from you Christabelle! Things are going well. We hope to have an update on the adoption process for everyone soon. :) - Sarah

    ReplyDelete