Pages

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

"And if we win, we praise Him. And if we lose, we praise Him"

"And if we win, we praise Him. And if we lose, we praise Him. Either way we honor Him with our actions and our attitudes. So I'm askin' you... What are you living for? I resolve to give God everything I've got, then I'll leave the results up to Him. I want to know if you'll join me."  -Grant Taylor, Facing the Giants 


This is the motto surrounding our life right now. With that said, last week we received a call from our Adoption Agency. It was our case worker saying she had a birth mother who wants to make an adoption plan for her baby and she thought we may be a good match. She asked if it would be ok to show our adoption profile to the her. Of course we said "yes"! That day She showed our adoption profile and along with 10-12 others to the birth mother. The birth mother narrowed it down to 3 profiles. Ours is one of the three. Now we wait as she spends some time deciding who she would like to be the adoptive parents. The last 9 days have been spent in endless prayer. You know the verse 1 Thessalonians 5:17 "pray without ceasing". It's become a literal reality for me. I don't think I've actually said "amen" yet in the last week. I wake up praying...pray throughout the entire day.....and fall asleep praying. A couple nights ago as Korry and I watched "Facing the Giants", one of the quotes in the movie really stuck with us...."And if we win, we praise him. And if we lose, we praise him." No matter the outcome this week, we know that God has a perfect plan for our lives and family. We pray that this is "the one", but either way, we know we will praise God!










2 comments:

  1. Nicely put! I continue to pray for you all and still have your picture up on our fridge. And you know how much time I spend in the kitchen cooking. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katrina! We need all the prayers possible! :)

      Delete