Pages

Sunday, June 3, 2012

Busy Spring Update

Ok, so for the last three months this poor blog has been silent of updates. The truth is, we are still waiting. It's been almost 10 months now. We have had several potential referrals/matches for the adoption, but in each case for one reason or another the "potentials" never became more....and that's ok, because we know God's timing is not ours.

In the meantime......We have had a very busy spring.

At the end of March/beginning of April, I was able to begin going horseback riding weekly (a special thank you to my new friend Stephanie A). It has been a lot of fun and I have officially marked something of my unofficial not written down - bucket list.  :)

In April our church held their annual Youth Conference and that brought down my favorite Washingtonians from Open Door Baptist Church. They flew down for the conference and the young ladies stayed at our home for a few days! Every time the youth come down, they are such a blessing to us. It was nice to catch up on news from back home and great to see my good friends (and the youth pastor & wife) Jeremy & Kim as well! Sometimes I wish I could just "blink" and be in Washington  and "blink" again and be back in Cali! ~ Wishful thinking, I know! LOL!~

May was a busy time too! The weekend before the college graduation, we had the privilege of having one of the college girl's brother stay at our home. Anyways, the stay went really well....other than us scaring him to death the first night he was in our home. You see our cat decided to go under his bed and the only way to get her out from under it was with a laser light......and the only laser light that worked in the house was attached to our BB gun....Do you all see where this is going??? I guess Korry should've warned him first before he walked into the bedroom.. ~Oops~  LOL! Yup, his sister set him up to stay with crazy people!   :)

A couple of weeks ago, I took on a new adventure, called training for a 5k race. Not sure which race I'll do yet, but I am wrapping up week two of my training tomorrow. So far, so good, I haven't fallen over and had a heart attack from all the running yet! *Actually, I am kind of enjoying it! *

Korry and I began a new adventure together as well....going riding together on his motorcycle. It's actually been pretty fun! We've taken several rides now all over the valley.

The end of May brought our Anniversary. Eight years already! Boy has time flown since we married in 2004! It's been a couple years since we did anything super special for our Anniversary, so we planned a last minute trip to San Diego. It was our first time in that beautiful, sunny, hardly any wind (that is very significant and my Antelope Valley friends know EXACTLY what I mean when I say that) comfortable temp of low 70's city. AMEN! Our highlights were touring the USS Midway, Old Town and Sea World (we really should've spent 2 days at Sea World)! Lot of fun, lots of photos and a special gift was bestowed upon us called a sun burn (a special thank you to Sea World and my lack of thought for sunscreen. LOL!)

Anyways, all-in-all we have kept pretty busy over the past several months, although, never to far from our minds is the adoption and we are constantly bathing it prayer. Please pray that soon the Lord will bless us with a baby and grow our little family.

Have a great night!

1 comment:

  1. We had so much fun spending some time with you. It was well needed time away with just the Sr. high! You are such a blessing to us at Open Door! Love and miss you!

    ReplyDelete