Pages

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Beauty in the Midst of a Desert


In January we held on to our promise to God, to praise him regardless the outcome of the possible "match" with the birth mother. The outcome.....We are praising God though she chose another family to be the adoptive parents. I have prayed often this past month that the adoptive parents will raise the baby boy for the Lord and that he'll accept Christ as his Saviour at an early age. Even though that door has shut and we are back to waiting again, we are keeping busy.

February 9-11th Korry and I attended our church's Couples Retreat. The theme this year was "I Still Do" and was held at the Esmeralda Resort in Indian Wells (Palm Springs area). The above photo was the view from our room at the resort. It was A-M-A-ZING! I just stood on our private balcony and soaked in the view. So relaxing. So peaceful.....I officially know there IS beauty even in the midst of a desert! We had such a refreshing time and it was a great re-set button for our marriage as well. I am thankful the Lord allowed us to attend this year and we *pray* next years retreat will be held at the same place again! For all my friends who were able to go this year, let me hear a loud "AMEN" to that!   :)   One of my favorite sessions at the retreat was taught by Cary Schmidt. Does anyone have a q-tip? or how about a cotton ball? LOL! (As soon as the couples retreat sessions are available online, I'll upload that one for everyone to hear....for sure!)    ;)

At any rate I am very thankful that the Lord has given us one more day and one more opportunity to strengthen and grow our marriage closer together as we continue to prepare to become parents. God is good!


February 2012

1 comment:

  1. Ah, I bet that was hard news to hear. But you are right, where there is a closed door there will be another open one. So glad you had some time away as well!

    ReplyDelete